2. 一致性- 用同樣的手勢和語調。1) 當小籠包決定要頭先下的時候，我會用很誇張的手勢跟聲調說「No」，然後給他一點時間去反應。2) 當我開始要引導他的身體時，我會說「屁屁先」，然後同時將他的身體轉一圈再引導他身體往下。
When to start: you can start teaching your baby the skill as early as they start crawling.
1. Take your little one through the motions. Initially you probably need to do most of the work, then gradually reduce your help as they progress.
2. Being consistent. Use same gesture and verbal cues. 1) I always tell XLB no with same exaggerated facial expression and gesture when he plans to go head first. Then I would pause, and give him some time to process. 2) I say “Butt first” when I take him through the motions.
3. Start low. The height should be high enough that your little one is not able to reach the floor with their hands. Once they get better, you can gradually increase the height and eventually move to the stairs.
4. Repetition. Some babies learn really fast, and some babies take quite some times. As long as you being consistent, your baby will get it. Trust the process and trust your baby. Most importantly, trust yourself is doing a great job!
Last, I just want to remind you climbing down stairs should be always supervised by an adult. Please do not leave your baby alone at the staircase.
Give it a try. I can not wait to hear back from you on how it goes!
Yes I Need This
Baby 1st Shoes Shopping Guide
Download the FREE shopping guide to know with confidence what type of shoes your child needs.